Monday, February 10, 2014

2014 Week 6: Watercolor Brush Control Techniques for Beginners Collage Cards

Week 6
Watercolor Brush Control Techniques 
paired with Stickers
for fun Pop-Art Mixed Media Cards 

Stickers: exclusive from Japan! Available at my etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/mautio

I used www.watercolorpainting.com for some tutorials which gave me some great inspiration for techniques to try, since I am a beginner to watercolor and can use all the techniques I can get at this point. Also, I have a lot of crappy student watercolor paint to try to use up. 

 Actually by my husband, Max 

No Doubt About It, You're A Strike!
 The funny man is the sticker. I was practicing control of contour and line with solid loaded brush, no refills. 

Shapes, Hard Edges, Glazing, Layering
 Not the most imspired, but I was practicing keeping hard edges in shapes,


The Wrist Flick and Scumbling lends itself nicely to the foreground of outdoor scenes. 

We are your cheering section!
I choose you!!!!

Fun with stickers, more contour line brush control practice. 

Thick line brush control practice.


 "The Stab" 
A great tension reliever stroke. Just load some paint and pound it into the paper. 


Caption me! I'm unfinished! 

No comments:

Post a Comment