Monday, September 2, 2013

Watercolor Postcards Challenge

The most affordable medium to work in in Japan is watercolor. 

It is also the most conducive to small spaces and my hectic lifestyle.  However, it is not a medium I cared much to master, most of my experience in colored pencil and acrylics. I am thinking to do a challenge of a painting a day. Maybe on my days with more free time doing more paintings, even if I must on occasion skip a day. Shall we start from today? Already I`ve completed a lot. Well. A week`s worth anyway. Then in the end maybe I can do something with the results.


A Talens Petit Color 18 color set and water brush. It`s great for sketching and this beginning. Some of the anxiety of using watercolors is starting to go away. Acrylics and colored pencils especially allow for great control, but time to learn to let go. And it`s starting to get fun. As you can see, the size of this is very portable and the postcard fits in the upper lid, the palette can be put over the color space to close the set. I don`t remember seeing these in America but they must be available I heard people reference them on watercolor forums.

No comments:

Post a Comment